Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Carbs Sweet Carbs

I had carbs Friday night for the first time in a week and it was a beautiful thing. When I say carbs, I don't mean I was able to eat a plate of pasta and a loaf of bread, so don't get too excited. I did, however, eat what I thought were the tastiest rice cakes and pretzel chips I'd ever eaten. Make fun all you want, it was delish. I also had a handful of french fries and a half cup of ICE CREAM! Well, it was low fat ice cream, which would probably make it ice milk, but you get the point. I was in hog heaven.

Like I said before, the point was to deplete the body of carbs until the night before the competition, then load up on carbs that night. Your body should peak the next day, but the timing is different for everyone. I actually peaked on Sunday. I looked leaner and my muscles looked fuller, so I'll have to adjust during competition week for that extra day.

No comments:

Post a Comment