Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Food Rant No. 1

I know I just talked about food, but it's really on my mind this week, so I'm going to tell you about the temptation that is around every corner. It's only Tuesday night, but I've encountered some of the biggest tourmenters.

First, from the boss there was "I just got back from Spain and brought chocolate for everyone." Followed shortly by a helpful co-worker's "it's so-and-so's birthday, there's ice cream in the freezer." Another exceedingly annyoying co-worker (soley because of his unhumanly high metabolism despite downing several bakery sticky buns a week) makes sure I'm aware of every treat in the office, just before saying "oh, right, you can't eat that."

To make matters worse, I had to attend a banquet tonight. What was for dinner? Bar-b-que!! The good stuff.

Besides the 'cue, there were rolls, baked beans, potato salad and cookies. Oatmeal, white chocolate macadamian -- I even saw a chocolate chip one that was dipped in chocolate -- are you kidding me?! I'm not talking about those crunchy, semi-stale, store bought cookies either. These suckers were the ones that obviously have 17 sticks of butter in them and soak through your napkin. Yea, those kind.

You'll be proud to know that I didn't partake. The progress I'm making pushes me to stay strong.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day though and I am Irish girl after all. Guess I'll just have to add a few drops of green food coloring to my egg whites.

1 comment:

  1. you are stronger than I, danielle! I woulda eaten every bit of that bbq plus a greasy cookie. That's why I'm where I"m at and you're were you're at.

    ReplyDelete