Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ground turkey and other evil things

I used to kinda dig ground turkey (when it was mixed with ground beef as nature intended) but now it’s just a light-colored, odd-smelling substance that I eat several pounds of a week.

This week I'm actually doing a "test run" for the competition week. That means that since Thursday I've had no carbs except fibrous vegetables, and let me tell you, it sucks. Not only am I tired and grouchy, but I’m bumping into stuff and dropping things like I’m drunk.

The point is to deplete the body of carbs until the night before the competition, then load up on carbs that night. Your body should look its best the next day, but the timing is different for everyone, so this week is the test.

I’m really looking forward to the fun carbs I get to eat Friday night, like pretzel chips, rice cakes and low fat granola! I know, I know, doesn't sound exciting, but hey, when the only thing you look forward to eating each day is the one tablespoon of almond butter you’re allowed, pretzel chips are like crispy treats from heaven.

Other evil things;
DHA fortified eggs -- taste like fish and not in a good way
Psyllium husk -- edible sawdust
A cheese-less life -- no explanation needed

No comments:

Post a Comment