Friday, March 26, 2010

Veggieful

Because I've plateaued as far as weight loss and because I have a stress fracture in my foot (that happened about three weeks ago) I have to continue the 6-days no carbs, 1-day light carbs regimen. This way my cardio doesn't have to be as intense on the cardio day. Also, my weight loss should become more steady.

It's much easier this week than the first time and its Friday already, so you know what that means -- pretzel chips!! Yum!!

The other days, though, I'm pretty much only eating veggies and protein. Here's what I had yesterday for instance:

2 eggs
1 c. spinach
1 scoop protein (after workout)
1 cup steamed carrots
1/2 c. leeks
4 oz chicken breast
steamed collard greens
salad greens
cauliflower: steamed, blended with garlic and parsley -- pretty convincing "mashed potatoes"
1 scoop protein powder (before bed)

I'm trying to vary my veggies. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment