Thursday, April 22, 2010

An All-Time Low


I'm sure I've mentioned how sick I am of the like five different things I'm allowed to eat at this point.

Cheese is a distant memory. Potato chips only float around in my dreams. And dark chocolate? Sigh. (Let's not even talk about booze. I may begin to weep.)

So in an effort to branch out a bit but not blow the work I've done in the final weeks, I purchased soy cheese.

What is soy cheese, you ask? Yea, I'm not sure either. All I know is that it's low in fat and carbs and I put a pinch of it in my eggs this morning.

Delicious? No. But it did melt like cheese and have the same consistency. That's gotta be worth something.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even look in soy cheese's direction much less eat it, but perhaps this link might help you spruce it up :)

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,soy_cheese,FF.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks. There is a recipe on the back of the package for mac and "cheese." Even if I could eat the mac I wouldn't go there!

    ReplyDelete